Friday, December 26, 2008

This Is Just Gross -- And I Love It


The only thing weirder than someone who owns a brain jello mold is the person who bought it for her! I absolutely love weird. I've had this brain mold for a long time. I only used it once but didn't get the jello solid enough and when I unmolded it, the brain ran all over the plate. I happened to mention the mold to my minister's wife. Two of her children were studying the brain in their enrichment classes and she asked to borrow it. She was successful and got major props from the classes when she showed up with edible brain on a plate. I was talking to another friend who shared a new recipe for a raspberry/cranberry molded salad. It included whole berry cranberry sauce, raspberry jello, pineapple, pecans with sour cream mixed in -- a lovely pinky-purple color. You can see where this is going, can't you? My grandkids were duly impressed -- but they refused to eat it. Too bad, it was really good!

No comments: