Tuesday, December 16, 2008

O Christmas Tree....




I finished decorating my Christmas tree last night -- only two weeks later than usual. I love my tree and thoroughly enjoyed putting on each ornament. It seems it's all about me! The decorations reflect things I love most -- my family and travel.

In the close-up, you can see the Arc de Triomphe, a London bus, a Chinese lantern, an Oklahoma bison, a Lake Charles, Louisiana, alligator (that's the magenta ornament in the top center of the photo, and a Scottish bagpiper. There's also a Simpich cloud baby -- souvenir of a Kappa Kappa Gamma Christmas homes tour in Kansas City - about 40 years ago. You can just barely see a little tin frame (from Laredo, Texas) with a picture of my oldest grandson, Calvin. The other two boys, Austin and Alexander also have framed pictures elsewhere on the tree. There's also a little white paper wreath with a picture of my son Jay - made when he was in pre-school.


The tree is dotted with over a dozen jigsaw wreaths with pictures of family members. They're all my favorites, but I especially love the wreath with my mom and dad. Mom's been gone seven years and dad ten, but they're always in my heart and no Christmas would be complete without sweet memories of Christmases past.



No comments: