Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bloomin' Iris



I just got a press release from Ken Rundel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas, and couldn't have been more delighted to see that one of my all-time favorite shops (and those of you who know me know I'm not a big shopper so it takes a lot to impress me) -- Iris at the Basin Park -- was named one of America's top retailers by NICHE magazine. Nearly 600 craft galleries, retail stores, arts nonprofits, museums shops, etc. were nominated by professional fine crafts artists from the U.S. and Canada. Of these 600 outlets, about two dozen were named recipients of the 2009 Top Retailers Awards.




This shop is one of the first places I head when I go to Eureka Springs. Owners Iris and Rick Feutz have eyes for the unusual and the shop just snaps with sensuality -- gorgeous colors, surfaces that beg to be caressed, pure pleasure interpreted in glass, paint, fabrics. Yep, I love this shop. And obviously, I'm not alone.

Congratulations Iris at the Basin Park -- and Eureka Springs, art capital of Mid-America!






asdf

No comments: