Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bluebonnet Bounty

I just got back from a marvelous trip to Brenham, Texas, one of the country's coolest towns. It's charming, laid-back, off-the-beaten-track and altogether nifty. And this time of year, surrounded by fields of bluebonnets, Indian paintbrush, evening primroses and wild verbena.
We did a lot of neat things -- and I'll be blogging more about them in the future -- but maybe my favorite was driving the backroads and taking photos.
The only thing I could have asked for was a blue sky. It was mostly overcast -- with an absolute downpour last night. But they really need the rain there so I won't complain too much. I hope you enjoy the photos.

This photo was taken right before an old lady drove up and told us to get off her private road! Our guide from the CVB, Lu, apologized to us and made soothing noises about how she might have had bad experiences with people coming on her property, etc. Frankly, I think she was just a cranky old lady whose clip on earrings pinched and furthermore, I'm pretty sure she's not a native Texan because they are unfailingly friendly and hospitable.

No comments: