Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What Was I Thinking?


It was 6o here today. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 78. And I'm going to Minnesota where the temperature Friday is going to be 5. What's wrong with this picture? Oh, I have all my warm clothes -- two pairs of long underwear, wool socks, insulated pants and gloves, neckscarf and hat. But it occurred to me that my face is going to be hanging out. Margaret Kysar suggested I go to Ace Hardware and get one of those knit thingies -- a hat that comes down over your face but with holes for your eyes and mouth. I've got good news and bad news. Ace had them. That's the good news. The bad news is they only had kids' hats. And I didn't have time to run all over town trying to find a nice grown-up one. So I'm going to Minnesota with an evil Spiderman mask. The good Spiderman hat is red with a black web. The evil one is black with a white web. My ensemble is blue and black. So I will be coordinated. I promise a picture. It should be so amazingly embarrassing that it will be lifted to an iconic level. And I'll bet there'll be a little silent envy by those less sartorially spectacular ..... or less warm.

3 comments:

Margo Lakin said...

Maybe people will mistake you for a famous luchador.

OkieSpeeders said...

So the question is: will you wear the mask to walk the dog tomorrow in our Okie Ice Storm? or will Jack?

Margo Lakin said...

Are you giving us the stink eye?!?