Monday, February 13, 2012

I'm SOOO Fond-a La Fonda











Santa Fe's historic La Fonda hotel is iconic with its pueblo-style architecture and Spanish Colonial decor. And I love it. So I was thrilled to find that I'd be staying there on my recent trip to New Mexico.
My room was in the La Terraza (concierge) section with a small balcony looking out on the Cathedral. My suite featured beautiful wood floors with woven Indian rugs, colorful tiles and painted furniture.




The wine, fruit and cheese was a lovely surprise.




Both Spanish and Indian themes blended nicely and appeared in creative ways like these cut-outs of corn on the closet door.

The hotel rambles all over the block and it's easy to get lost in the maze of hallways. I took a few unplanned detours myself but enjoyed it because on every wall and around every corner you'll find interesting touches like the stained glass and punched tin light fixture I found in a stairwell.
Of course I had to have huevos rancheros for breakfast -- it's my tradition whenever I'm in New Mexico. And La Plazuela, the La Fonda's charming cafe, made the perfect setting.


I loved my room; I loved my bed; I loved my breakfast but here's what put the La Fonda and its great staff forever in my heart. I was in a hurry to get dressed and packed and took my pearl earrings out of my suitcase. Before I put them on, I stopped to do something else and promptly forgot them. They're small and simple -- not terribly expensive -- but they had a lot of sentimental value to me. I didn't realize until we were in Red River that I didn't have them. I didn't hold out much hope for getting them back. It would have been easy just to sweep them off the table without noticing. I called the hotel -- as did my trip host -- but didn't hear back that day -- or the next. I had given up when I got the message that they had been found and had been put in the mail. They beat me home. Thank you, La Fonda, for a great stay and a happy ending!

2 comments:

Haley said...

I'm so glad you got your pearl earrings back! La Fonda was a great property; you can't beat sitting in a hot tub with a view of the Cathedral.

paschervente2012 said...

Sac A Main Pas cher 2012 femmes or hommes..
Tee shirts chanel femmes Pas Cher
jeans true religion femmes soldes 2012
sac a main pas cher votre meilleur chooice 2012 femmes or hommes...
Tee shirts louis vuitton femmes vente tee shirts louis vuitton 2012
Chaussures Femmes pas cher
Lunettes de soleil ray ban 2012
Tee shirts louis vuitton hommes pas cher
Lunettes de soleil armani pas cher !
boucle chanel Boucles d'oreilles Chanel,chanel Bijoux
Acheter maquillage pas cher maquillage mac
chaussures louis vuitton femmes pas cher 2012
Louis Vuitton Mens Handbag
billige Christian Louboutin Tall Boots
Louis Vuitton Loafers Shoes Women
Christian Louboutin Sandaler
billige Christian Louboutin Tall Boots
Replica Louis Vuitton Damier Handbag
louboutin sko billige na