Monday, September 21, 2009

To Market, To Market


Visiting local farmers' markets is one of my favorite things. And I always think of one of my favorite movies -- the 1981 "Four Seasons" with Alan Alda, Carol Burnett, Rita Moreno, Jack Weston and Sandy Dennis. Dennis plays an obsessive photographer who is focusing (literally!) on vegetables.


I totally get it. The colors and shapes are irresistible.



The market in Birmingham, Alabama, is one of the best! Between the squash and the scuppernongs (the white grapes larger than the end of your thumb), the photo ops were endless -- which is why I'm posting more pictures than text.

And the piece de resistance is the tomato shot -- I couldn't believe my luck. I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.


2 comments:

Valerie Skiles said...

These pictures take my breath away. I can almost smell each veggie and flower. Good story... good fruit!

Michelle said...

Elaine-
I love that movie "Four Seasons"!" And I love farmers markets too. You're my kind of gal.