Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Oklahoma Travel

Arcadian Inn, Edmond, Oklahoma
I mentioned the Arcadian in my last blog as one of my favorite B and Bs in Oklahoma. Since it's right here in town, I don't visit often but I know I can count on owner/innkeeper Martha Hall.

I'm doing a food column for the Edmond Sun on B and B recipes so I called Martha and asked if I could come take some pictures and get one of her recipes. She had guests coming and she said she'd ask them if they minded.

I showed up at the specified 9:30 this morning to find that they did! Seems one of the party had been to the inn before -- with another partner -- and was feeling camera shy.

Martha hadn't called to cancel the photos -- she simply fixed an entire extra breakfast for me to photograph! That's typical of the hospitality people can expect at the Arcadian Inn.

And the breakfast was superb. Of course, I sampled it -- strictly in the line of duty.

I'll include photos in the next blog -- after I figure out how to do it!

No comments: