Saturday, December 01, 2007

Officially Christmas


Gray clouds block the sun but the twinkling lights on my just-finished Christmas tree are bright and cheerful. Mark Parkhurst and I drove to Guthrie this morning for the final rehearsal for the Oklahoma Choral Artist Christmas Concert tomorrow. The plaintive melody of "O Magnum Mysterium" floated out into the empty, cold theater; "Silver Bells" brought back lots of holiday memories and the "Hallelujah Chorus" with the great organ in the Scottish Rite Temple filled the room with the sounds of praise. Checking my email a minute ago, a message from our niece and nephew in Texas brought a grin to my face. Want to have some fun? Go to http://www.elfyourself.com/. If you want to see Jack and me, go to www.elfyourself.com/?id=1131809871. Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments: